On 1 February 2012, many important documents were stolen from the Biblioteca de l’Ateneu Enciclopèdic Popular in Barcelona. These included:
- Postcards from the civil war, membership cards from various organizations and political groups from the ’20s and ’30s and the period of clandestinity.
- Collection of banknotes from the collectivized villages (a large number)
- Postcard collection of the civil war and of Bakunin and Kropotkin, etc. (about 100 pieces)
- Collection of film posters for the period of the civil war (70 or 80)
- Collection of old tram tickets from ten cents to one peseta (over 500)
- Collection of medals, pins, badges and insignia of the civil war (100)
- A folder with pictures of Mujeres Libres and libertarian cultural associations, as well as documentation of collectivised businesses based along the road from Ribes to Barcelona and the visit of some Mexican officials.
- And much more.
A list of the stolen items is here http://www.anarkismo.net/article/21946
If you see something appear on e-bay or elsewhere, alert them! Their contact details are at http://www.ateneuenciclopedicpopular.org/spip.php?rubrique11